Good Evening Cats and Kittens!
So a wonderfully brilliant friend of mine provided me with these exercises to cure my writers block- and don’t you know- I think that I will try them! And the best part is that I’ve now got at LEAST 25 posting topics to keep you all entertained 😉
Get your motor running — general ideas
- Write about something unusual you saw yesterday.
- Describe the first time you did something (ride a bike, do a cartwheel, etc.).
- Imagine how your parents met and write the story.
- Write about the worst date you ever had.
- Write about a beauty pageant without using stereotypes.
- Tell a story in the form of a love letter.
- Make up your own fairy tale (and be sure to start with “Once upon a time…”)
- Write in stream of consciousness.
- Summarize the plot of your favorite novel, movie, or TV show in your own words.
- Watch strangers and make up stories about what they’re doing.
- Read an obscure feature story in a small-town newspaper and write about the object of that feature.
- Write a letter to a friend.
- Describe the view from your window.
- Randomly select an object from the room you’re in and write about it. Include its physical description and any memories associated with the object.
- Write about the best date you ever had.
- Describe something you love to do.
- Imagine that the thing you fear most actually happens, and write it.
- What would your life be like if it were perfect?
- Write out the words to your favorite songs.
- Write about football.
- Write from the perspective of a two-year-old.
- Start a story about a dare.
- Write about the best vacation you ever took.
- Get in the mind of a pharmacist who hands out drugs to people with all sorts of wacky health problems.
- Write a story about a protagonist whom no one likes.